2021 Paw Print Graduates

Melia Messer, Staff Writer

The Paw Print Newspaper is so proud of our graduating seniors Emma Groves, Bonnie Horn, Melia Messer, and Allison Vogt. We have been very fortunate to have them, and we are so excited to see what they go on to do. We encourage you to take a moment to learn a bit about four wonderful women who have made our student newspaper possible this year. Thank you, and congratulations to our seniors. 

Emma Groves 

Emma Groves has been a part of the Paw Print staff the longest out of all of the 2021 graduates. She became a staff writer as a freshman, making this her fourth year with the newspaper. She has learned to “appreciate the amount of work that goes into producing an article. It’s a lot to do all the research, and get the quotes, and actually write the article.” Emma’s tremendous ability to write has brought her to Abilene Christian University where she will study English.

Bonnie Horn 

Bonnie joined the Paw Print team her junior year, and has enjoyed her two years as a staff writer. Horn has appreciated the opportunity to collaborate with people. “We all have one common goal, and it’s to get the paper out, and for it to be nice.” Bonnie is taking her team oriented can-do attitude to study film at the University of Texas at Austin. 

Melia Messer

Melia joined the Paw Print team her sophomore year, and through the Paw Print she has gotten to know many people. Messer is “so thankful for the friendships that have been fortified through my time in class with the rest of the staff members.” She is going to Baylor in the fall where she will major in theatre performance with a secondary major in psychology. 

Allison Vogt 

Allison has been a Paw Print staff writer for two years, and has thoroughly enjoyed her time on the newspaper. Vogt appreciates that through her experiences on staff she has “learned that when you reach out to people they are usually happy to help.” She values the friends she has made while in class, and at UIL meets. Vogt will go on to pursue law at Abilene Christian University, and then she plans to attend A&M School of Law in Fort Worth.