Some Good News to Brighten Your Day

Bonnie Horn, Staff Writer

If you’ve seen the hit tv show The Office, stayed up all night in fright after watching any of The Quiet Place movies, or happened to look through Time Magazine’s 2018 edition for The 100 Most Influential People, you’ve most likely heard of the famed actor, John Krasinski. Krasinski hasn’t just been actively involved in the world behind the silver screen but has also dedicated himself to bringing the entire world joy through his new youtube channel, Some Good News. During this strange season, we have all looked for some outlet of happiness and Some Good News provides just that. 

Recently, Krasinski decided to host a virtual prom for every junior and senior who sadly could not attend their prom due to COVID-19. Krasinski, dressed to the nines in a full tuxedo, decorated his office with disco balls, streamers, and banners. Special guests, including Krasinki’s former The Office co-star Rainn Wilson, Chance the Rapper, Billie Eilish, Finneas, and the Jonas Brothers, entertained all of the attendees and gave performances that did not disappoint. Krasinski’s effort to make his prom as magical as possible definitely made the Some Good New’s prom a night to remember. 

However, just when people thought that Krasinki couldn’t outdo his prom, he surprised everyone with the announcement that he would also host a graduation for the class of 2020. The event was complete with speeches from high school valedictorians from all around the world and included appearances from Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, Malala Yousafzi, and Jon Stewart. Each of them made several graduates’ day by offering advice and anecdotes from their life’s experiences, leaving every graduate of the class of 2020 with smiles on their faces. 

Some Good News, although relatively new, has already made a lasting impact. I know that myself and several of my peers have all felt the moments of hopelessness that COVID 19 has wrought, but Krasinski has managed to shine a positive light in the darkness through his beloved Youtube channel, Some Good News.