Student Council Excited for the New School Year

Mychele DeLauney, Staff writer

This school year student council has created several new projects they’re excited to implement. Beginning last week, the new program called B.I.O.N.I.C (Believe It Or Not I Care) delivered a gift basket to its first recipient. This program focuses on students, faculty members, and staff with extended absences due to an illness or injury. A student council member will bring a bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes, or a gift basket, and a personalized “we miss you” note to the injured or sick individual, to remind them that their presence is missed.  Along with B.I.O.N.I.C, student council has taken the initiative to keep the bulletin board in the cafeteria current by posting important dates and activities. 

Photo courtesy of Mychele DeLauney

Also, in hopes of alleviating the stress from the classroom, teachers, and students; the student council will be taking the responsibility for collecting items for the Food Drive in October. As you can see, the student council is committed and works hard to take care of many school functions such as concession stands, pep-rally setups and clean ups, handing out schedules on the first day, and of course creating and perfecting current programs. It’s exciting to see what student council has in store for the future!