• November 12Thanksgiving break will commence with a shortened day on Tuesday, November 20th

• November 5Thanksgiving Basket collection has begun! Bring listed food items to your homeroom by Wednesday!

New Tardy Policy

Maddie Cole

Heading into the 2018-2019 school year, the principals have implemented a new tardy policy. While many students see it as too strict, the policy was designed to keep everyone more safe and to allow students to receive the time-management skills that are vital to surviving everyday life.

As the bell is ringing, every teacher is to shut and lock their classroom doors. A student is officially tardy if they have not stepped inside the classroom by the time the bell begins to ring or by the time the door is shut. They will be sent to Mrs. Jackson’s desk to receive a tardy slip. There, Mrs. Hibbitts will scan the student’s ID and issue them a tardy slip to class. He or she is to go directly back to the classroom and show both ID and tardy slip in order to be able to enter the classroom. If the pass does not have a date and signature stamp on it, they must report back to the office and start the entire procedure over again.

No longer will tardies be based on class periods. Students will be allowed a combined total of six tardies per semester. On the seventh and those following, the student will be assigned a lunch detention (held in room 602 during both lunch blocks). Repeated instances of tardiness will result in more severe disciplinary action, in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.

Seniors: If you leave after fifth period, but have reached a point where you are assigned a lunch detention due to tardiness, you will still be required to attend a disciplinary action. Lunch detention will be during B lunch, which means you will not have the freedom of leaving when 5th period ends. If you choose to skip your thirty minute lunch detention, you will be assigned a Tuesday School, which runs from 4-6 pm.