Girls Soccer Primed For Another Great Season

Kaylee Beard, Staff Writer

Last year Wylie girl’s soccer lost to Mineral Wells 1-0 to end their season. The team is primed for a comeback this year and is ready to continue the hunt to go to the state tournament.

“The whole point of our season is not focusing on playoffs, but taking each game one at a time,” said senior Kaleigh Wilson.

Every player is very excited about the opportunities this season brings. The team added many freshman but is very experienced as well because of its nine senior leaders.

Freshman Kaitlyn Via said, “Soccer is all about competing and meeting new people. I love being able to meet new friends that will mean a lot to me for many years.”

Soccer was described as competitive, tough, fun, challenging, and rewarding all at the same time. Every player expressed their love for the game and the love they have for the team that supports them.

“Our team atmosphere is uplifting and positive all of the time,” said freshman Marianna Deynzer.

It is evident that the positivity shown throughout the group inspires each and every team member to play hard and give their team all they have. The support and love for one another was constantly brought up by all of the girls no matter what age they were.

“We have such good seniors,” said sophomore Myka Montes. “They all step up and lead the team every day.”

The nine seniors on the team have been a crucial part of the success of the soccer program. Many have been playing together for a long time and purely enjoy the game and being able to help the younger teammates around them.

Wilson said, “We have a lot of seniors this year, so not all of the leadership lies on one person. We have played together for so long; we know the game, so it’s easy to help and talk through it together.”